What to expect at a sleep study
When you arrive at a sleep study you will be greeted by a professional sleep technician that will escort you to your sleep lab bedroom. The sleep technician will explain the procedure and what to expect during the night.
Once the study is ready to begin, the sleep technician will prepare you for the evening by placing leads on your lower legs, chest and head. Electrode gel will be placed on your skin for the leads. If needed, the sleep technician will also fit you with a mask.
The preparation will take between 30 and 45 minutes. Wake up time is between 5 and 6 am.
Your room at any of our four facilities are made to look and feel like home. We provide you with:
- a private bedroom with a private or shared bathroom with fresh clean linens, towels and washcloths
- a night stand with lighting
- a TV with cable service
How to pack and dress for your sleep study?
- Your hair should be clean and “undone”.
- Pack as if you are spending the night in a hotel- soap and shampoo are provided
- Pack toiletries such as deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Eat supper before you come
- No caffeine after 9 am the day of the test
- Bring any medications you regularly take at night or in the morning
- Bring comfortable clothing (P.J.s, sweats, NO SILK OR SATIN, etc.)
- We do have cable TV, but you may bring reading material, books, magazines, music with headphones, handiwork, etc.
- Although we provide pillows and blankets, you are welcome to bring your favorite from home.
- Please leave all valuables such as jewelry at home.
- Please, no pets, no firearms, no alcoholic beverages, no illegal drugs or inappropriate items
What paperwork do I need for my sleep study?
- Bring your insurance card and photo ID
- Bring your completed Patient Paperwork
When should I arrive and when do I leave for my sleep study?
- Arrive at 7:00 pm
- Departure time is around 6 am
A to Z Sleep is your one stop medical practice for sleep disorders and sleep studies, whether at our locations or a home sleep study. Contact us today at (386) 423-0505 extension 1234 or email us email@example.com for complete information on sleep disorders or a sleep study at one of our four sleep lab locations in Central Florida.