- Patients who leave sleep apnea untreated are at a four times higher risk of stroke and a three times higher risk for heart disease than those without it.
- On average, patients with sleep apnea experience 60 apneas per hour each night.
- According to the National Commission on Sleep Disorders Research, about 38,000 deaths per year are caused by cardiovascular issues stemming from sleep apnea.
- Men are twice as likely to have sleep apnea than women.
- Patients with asthma have a 40% higher chance of developing sleep than patients without.
- About 20% of patients say they do not use their CPAP machine enough to be safe, but with todays new technology and PAP equipment compliance has increased to a record level of about 50% of patients that are compliant and benefit from therapy.
- For continued insurance and results, patients should use their CPAP machine 70% of a 30 day period. This means four hours or more per night.
For more information on Sleep Apnea Please call our office at 386-423-0505.